Gold and Your Financial Future
It’s no secret that diversification is critical to a long-term investment strategy. And no, we don’t mean buying a few different stocks and then pouring a ton of cash into your company stock.
Effective diversification includes different asset classes. These asset classes may include stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals, and more. Unfortunately, many investors suffer a false sense of security as they are not aware of many of the options available to them and mistakenly believe they are well-diversified.
To illustrate this point, the number of investors who have added an allocation of physical gold, silver, or other precious metals to their portfolio is quite low.
What better asset class to diversify your portfolio and protect your financial future than gold?
If you are not familiar with gold or the potential benefits that come with physical gold ownership, now is the time to get educated…
Gold may serve several purposes within your long-term investment strategy. Below are just a few reasons that we believe gold should be a part of your portfolio and retirement savings:
● Gold may potentially see significant price appreciation: Gold prices appear to have found a long-term bottom, and we believe that prices will resume their long-term uptrend. Gold can be bought today for $1250 per ounce. What if over the next several years gold were to reach $2000, $4000 or even $10000 per ounce?
● Gold can potentially hedge declining paper currency values: The dollar has been trending lower and a move away from the greenback is already under way by some other nations. Should the dollar lose its status as the global reserve currency of choice, its value could plummet. As the dollar declines in value, so does your purchasing power. Imagine paying $8 for a loaf of bread or $7 for a gallon of gas.
● Gold cannot go bankrupt or default: Unlike paper investment assets such as stocks or bonds, gold cannot default on obligations and carries no counterparty risk. Corporate bankruptcies are not uncommon, and corporate greed can also destroy the savings of investors. Putting some capital to work in an asset that is valued all over the globe may provide peace of mind.
● Gold is a natural resource of finite supply: The laws of supply and demand tell us that as demand rises and supplies dwindle, prices may rise. The fact is that there is only so much gold in the ground and only so much gold in circulation. Central banks and other financial superpowers are acquiring gold and holding it. If demand keeps rising, prices could potentially increase many times over.
● Gold is real money and has been trusted as such for thousands of years: Gold has been used as a medium of exchange for thousands of years. Gold is recognized and coveted all over the globe and is considered by some to be a global currency. Governments and fiat currencies may rise and fall, but gold has stood the test of time.
If you see the potential value physical gold can bring to your investment and retirement strategy, don’t wait to act. Gold prices may have bottomed out, and we feel current price levels may not be seen again.
You have worked very hard to build your retirement, now take steps to protect the fruits of your labor. Do yourself a favor and explore your options. Speak with an Advantage Gold account executive to learn more about how physical gold can be a great addition to your portfolio, and how your IRA may be the perfect place to begin acquiring and holding this key precious metal. Start today by calling us at 1-800-341-8584.Tags: advantage gold, bullion for retirement, buy gold, gold, gold price today, invest for retirement, protect your retirement, retire