Great-Horned Owl Gold Bullion Coin
Great-Horned Owl Gold Bullion Coins
Yet another stunning example of Canadian wildlife design work is available from the Royal Canadian Mint with the release of two reverse-proof coins featuring the Great Horned Owl. These 2021-dated coins are available in fractional-ounce silver and gold coins for sale.
- Arrives inside of plastic flips, sheets of 20, or boxes of 800 coins!
- 5th design in the Animal Portrait Series!
- Beautiful reverse-proof specimens!
- Depicts the “tiger of the air”!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features the steely gaze of the Great Horned Owl.
- Owl design from Denis Mayer Jr.
The great horned owl (Bubo virginianus), also known as the tiger owl, is an extremely adaptable bird with a vast range and is the most widely distributed true owl in North, Central and South America. Its primary diet consists of rabbits and hares, rats, mice and voles, although it freely hunts any animal it can overtake. As Canada’s most common bird of prey, the great-horned owl is a symbol of power and agility, with unique features that lend themselves beautifully to this engraved portrait.